Rules & Regulations
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Biometric entry is compulsory at the Library entrance.
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- All bags, cases, folders etc. must be left in the luggage area in the library.
- Books removed from the shelves, if not required further, should be kept on the table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user.
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library resources shall have to pay for the damage.
- Good order must be observed in the library at all times for example placing of feet on furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping etc. shall not be allowed.
- Group discussions are not allowed and noise must be kept to a minimum and should not disturb any other user in the library.
- Shifting of chairs from one place to another place is strictly prohibited.
- If a student feels any deficiency in the services of the Library, the same may be brought to the notice of the Librarian immediately for necessary improvement in the services of the Library.
- Any violation of the library rules by a student shall stop him/her from availing Library services.
- The library is only for the staff members and bonafide students of the college, outsiders and ex-students will NOT be allowed in the library without prior permission of the Librarian OR the Higher Authorities.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
Learning Resource Borrowing Procedure
- A user must be a registered student for the current Academic year.
- All students must present their college ID card before borrowing any learning resources from the Library.
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of two books for a period of one week.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed learning resources to other students.
- Students who repeatedly fail to return the books on due date will lose the privilege of membership of the library.
Overdue Charges/ Fines
A late fee will be charged if the books are not returned within the due date as per the norms shown below:
- For a week after the due date : Rs. 1/- per day per book
- From 2nd week onwards : Rs. 2/- per day per book
- After one month : Rs. 5/- per day per book
Learning Resources can only be used within the library
- Reference books like Handbooks, Dictionaries and Encyclopedias.
- Journals and magazines.
Damage/Loss of Library Resources
- Once a book is issued to the student, he/she shall be held solely responsible for any damage spoilage, or mutilation of the book detected subsequently. Students will be charged for repair or replacement of books and other Library resources to which they have caused damage.
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days.
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed over to the librarian as they remain the property of the college library.
- Internet facility within the Library premises will be provided from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday.
- Students are informed that use of internet will be monitored.
- If a student is found visiting inappropriate sites, strict action will be taken.
- Access is available only for academic purpose, as such social networking sites are banned.
- The speed and availability of the internet will depend upon the technical feasibility.
- Any other matter not covered under the above rules will be decided by the system administrator in consultation with the head of the institution.